TRUTH: 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NLT)
8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.
We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.
9 We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God.
We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
Alternatively, here is the sermon video version.
I was feeling like a failure until I listened to this message by Joel Osteen. It has got to be one of the most encouraging and spiritually uplifting messages I’ve heard. Please do listen to it, if you’re feeling low.
Here are my notes from it, though they are really messy because I was taking a stroll while listening to it hehe)
- I am proudly UNDER CONSTRUCTION with messy places here and there, and it’s OKAY because GOD IS NOT FINISHED WITH ME.
- Isn’t that truth of GOD building you up so comforting? Whenever you’re in the process of doing something, like cooking, baking, cleaning your room, heck, even trying to find a cute outfit to wear, don’t you mess everything up during the process? I’m talking, messy kitchen with spoons and bowls everywhere, or clothes scattered on every possible surface in your room. Sounds familiar? But what about after the process? Don’t you cook this hopefully delish dish? Or find something to wear that makes you feel cute AND confident?
- TRUST THE PROCESS. MESSES ARE OKAY. It’s all part of life.
- I am a MASTERPIECE in the making.
- With every step I take, God is working in me.
- I am growing.
- Trust that God ALWAYS finishes what He has started. You won’t be left undone.
- See beyond the mess. You are right on track.
- God KNOWS who you are meant to be. Who you ARE.
- If you are feeling discouraged by other people, remember that they can only see your flaws, your weaknesses, and your mistakes. We tend to forget that other people are also under construction. This is why we shouldn’t cross someone off or judge others. God is working in all of us.
- Remember that GOD SEES PAST all those things. He MADE GOOD plans for you. Plans that will make you prosper. And He will help you REALIZE it!
- Let God make and mold you
- Allow Him to change you.
- Do your part.
- Don’t fight the little steps we have to do to get to where we are created for.
- Something DEEPER is happening that we don’t understand.
- Messes are there TEMPORARILY
- God’s ways are NOT our ways!
I hope you guys are feeling more encouraged after reading this! Praise God that we have Him in our lives to guide us. Wherever we may be, He is there, He is here.
I love you guys so much and I never want you to feel discouraged. So please please please keep these reminders in your hearts.
- Unexpected opportunities
- Strength and grace from God
- Tried doing Pull Ups with Resistance bands and they were very challenging ( I was shaking like CRAZY) but it’s mega fun!
- I think I’m getting better at parking?
- Spaghetti for lunch AND dinner???!